“I was surprised how easy the transition [into truck driving] was for me.”
We want you in our ranks.
With core values of safety, integrity, excellence and respect, Schneider is a natural fit for all current or former military personnel looking to go into business as “Vetrepreneurs.” We combine a proven military-friendly environment and 80 years of business expertise to help you achieve your dreams of running a successful small business.
Reasons to become a “Vetrepreneur” with Schneider
Schneider understands that being a member of the military reserves can bring uncertainty in times of need. We’ll work with you to accommodate your military commitments and make sure your business will have a place with us when your call of duty is fulfilled.
Schneider’s commitment to military personnel stems back to founder Al Schneider. Going back to 1935, the longtime National Guardsman knew his fellow service men and women were the kind of people he wanted to work with. Military personnel are hard workers and natural leaders — making for successful business owners.
Schneider Military Program Highlights
- Purchasing power to help you become an owner-operator or fleet owner
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training for mileage-based owner-operators and fleet owners (Van Percentage lease choose your own schedule)
- Outstanding settlements and Schneider’s buying power
- Flexible, but predictable schedules
- Opportunities available across the U.S
Schneider is one of the nation’s largest, most-recognized business partners of military personnel. We are proud to let our record speak for itself:
- #1 highest ranking Truckload Carrier and #12 overall on G.I. Jobs® Top 100 Military Friendly® Employers
- Named 2015 Most Valuable Employer (MVE) Winner by Civilianjobs.com
- Top 35 Veteran Employer by Military.com
- HireVetsFirst employer ESGR (Employer Support for Guard & Reserve) 5-Star employer
- 2015 Top Veteran Friendly Company by US Veterans Magazine
- Sponsor of Enlisted Association of National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) Al Schneider Award
- Inaugural winner of the Department of Defense Freedom Award
- Proud supporter of AW2 (Army Wounded Warrior Program)