Schneider Company Driver to Owner-Operator Leasor
Pick your own schedule
12 months or greater CDL experience
Schneider Company Drivers interested in becoming an Owner-Operator with Schneider gain the freedom of running their own business while still enjoying Schneider's support. Pick your loads and decide when and where you run on Schneider's Van Percentage Lease. Plus, take advantage of 24/7 business support, extensive resources and Schneider's huge Owner-Operator freight network.
Eligible CDL Drivers
Current Schneider Company Drivers
Process to Become an Owner-Operator with Schneider
- Talk to your Driver Business Leader (DBL) to notify of your interest in becoming an Owner-Operator
- Apply through SchneiderOwnerOperators.com
- A qualifications checklist will be completed by your DBL and Safety department (talk to your DBL for more information)
- A recruiter will be in contact to work through the transition process
Compensation & Cost Savings for Trucks
Owner-Operators are eligible for:
- Up to $175,000 per year
- 65% of lineheaul revenue and 100% of fuel surcharge and accessorial at load completion
- Supplemental $.10 discount on fuel purchased in western states of California, Oregon, Arizona and Washington
- Purchase Power Program - Leverage Schneider's buying power to save thousands in business costs such as fuel, tractors, tires, insurance and maintenance.
- ATBS - Offers business solutions to effectively run your own business and maximize your profitability
- Lease Orientation
- 75% drop-and-hook
Access to free in-cab communications device and usage
Free trailer usage
- Access to Schneider facilities with free and safe parking, free showers, free laundry facilities and cafeteria services. Our facility locations reflect the lowest fuel prices in that state on that day.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Minimum 12 months Class A driving experience
More Reasons Owner-Operators Choose Schneider's Percent Lease Option:
No dispatch. No agent. No stress.
The Percentage Lease option gives you total control of your business. Pick your own loads from Schneider's industry-leading freight base. Choose when and where you want to run, and when you want to get home. Plus, you can earn up to $1,000 of revenue a day.
Save thousands of dollars a year on fuel, maintenance, insurance, tires and more with Schneider's Purchase Power Program. Leverage the buying power of a large, stable company and you'll lower your business costs and increase your profit margin.
"You control your own destiny. If you can't make any money, it's something you're doing wrong. You really do control your own destiny." -- Christopher Powell
Lease with one of the top trucking companies. Call 800-285-3273 for more information!
No tractor or need an upgrade?
Tractor finance and lease options are available. A popular source for owner-operators looking to acquire new or gently used equipment is SFI Trucks and Financing. Visit www.SFITrucks.com for details.